As it is sometimes the case in Montréal, this ghost sign combines English and French words. It is painted on the wall of the Magasins de l'Hôtel-Dieu IV, a warehouse and office building erected in 1875 by the nuns of the Order of St Joseph on the site of their former hospital. When Reich Brothers moved in c. 1940, the company only rented the eastern part of the building but as business expanded, it ended occupying the whole building. Reich Brothers stayed until 1975. In spite of what this ghost sign suggests, Reich Brothers imported essentially luxury products.
Location: Cours Le Royer, Montréal